The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot…
God, such an awesome scene. Sometimes I wish I could be a revolutionary. However, I am far too self-preservationist and cowardly. I also don’t like loud noises. Or masses of people. Although I would bring snacks. Anyways, in honor of Guy Fawkes Day, here are some treasonous news items and events going on around DC.
- People in Montgomery County hate speeding cameras so have decided to light them on fire (Post)
- The AFI European Film festival kicks off today. Go you Socialist Benedick Arnolds, watch your fancy multiple award winning European films with your warm idiot beer (DCist)
- Apparently metro escalators have a “safety feature” that when they are overcrowded they speed up and dump all the passengers on the floor. Thanks metro, now the terrorists win (City Paper)
- Damn the Man. Go to the Punk Rock Flea Market! Also, a beloved friend will be selling thrifted wares at one of their booths. Support SPY friends! Facebook invite HERE
- Masquerade Party at the Museum of Unnatural History, which looks like THIS. Amazing. Who wants to wear their Guy Fawkes mask and stop by the Church of Scientology on the way back??? (Express)
“The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me…V.”
Godspeed my dear revolutionary reader(s). Enjoy the weekend!