So unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that the Caps lost last night. An unforgiveable loss. A “collapse” in the words of ESPN, in which the Capitals, a team with the best record BY FAR in the regular season blew a 3-1 series lead and lost in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. They had 54 wins going in. 54. Local sportscasters had never looked so sad.
And yes, blame is flying everywhere. And yes, IronCitySpy among others, had his reasons for believing it would end this way. But from someone who takes sports losses way harder than is socially acceptable, I am not going to discuss any of that and just give Caps fans some happy hour specials. Because that’s what I would want if I were you. Booze. And food. And distractions. Here are just a few:
- Duffy’s Irish Pub (U Street): $3 select beers, 1/2 Price Wings; $14 Bud Light buckets
- Comet Ping Pong (Friendship Heights) reopens tonight and is celebrating. Giving out samples of new beers on tap and you can play ping pong.
- The Ugly Mug (Southeast): $5 Big Ass Beers (Miller Lite, Coors Light, Bud Light, Yuengling, Amstel Light); $4 Rail Drinks; $7 Cheese Pizzas, $7 Nachos; $5 Pepperoni Rolls
- Madhatter (Dupont): $2.50 House Wine and Rail Drinks; Half-Price Appetizers; $2.50 Bud and Bud Light (newly redone)
- Hank’s Oyster Bar (Dupont and Alexandria): $1 oysters, 5:30 to 6:30
- RFD (Chinatown): $3 Miller Lite and Sam Adams Drafts; $3.50 Beer of the Day; $4.99 Food Specials
- Molly Malone’s (Capitol Hill): $4 Miller Lite, Yuengling & PBR pints, $5 All Other Draft Pints, $1 Off Wine by the Glass, $5 Jameson shots
A full list of all happy hours (and where I got most of these from) in all areas of DC and environs can be found here. Oh, but avoid the Pourhouse on Capitol Hill. Just…for your own sake…avoid it. Godspeed.